We are a not-for-profit Charitable organisation with cycling facilities on the athletics tracks at Wythenshawe Park, Longford Park (Trafford)) and Boggart Hole Clough.
Wythenshawe was the first cycling club with a focus on cyclists with a disability to gain British Cycling’s Go-Ride Accreditation.
Our club was set up in 2004 with encouragement from Manchester City Council’s Leisure Services Disability Development as an inclusive cycling club where disabled people come first.
In May 2010 the facility at Longford Park (Trafford) was formed as a direct result of over-subscribed numbers at the Wythenshawe Track.
The main focus of our club is to offer cycling to disabled people. We have hundreds of adapted bikes and we are confident that anyone can ride a bike regardless of their ability. We offer sessions throughout the week that are open to the public, catering for cyclists of all abilities.
Our sessions are about recreational cycling where people can focus on fun and the health benefits of riding bikes. We have several hundred riders with a disability regularly attending Wythenshawe ,Trafford and Boggart Hole Clough every week.
No need to book, just come down and give it a go!
A bit more about Simply Cycling…
- We have 180 adapted bikes, trikes, hand cycles, wheelchair accessible bikes, tandems and side by sides to suit all abilities
- The most extensive range of adapted bikes anywhere in the country!
- We are a strictly not-for-profit organisation. There is a small charge of £2 per cyclist per session.
- Refreshments are available on site
- All sessions are run by trained and qualified, committed volunteers
- A ‘can do’ ethos and a policy that if it doesn’t work for you then we’ll find a way to make it work for you!
- Has been recognized by the MBE for community organisations – The Queens Award for Voluntary Groups (2011) as well as Manchester, Trafford, Greater Manchester and British Cycling Sports Club of the Year and Volunteers of the Year Awards
- Has received grants to purchase bikes from The Winston Runners, Manchester Airport, Co-operative Community Fund, Greater Manchester Police, Local Network Fund and Youth Opportunity Fund, Mamas and Papas and Sports England. We are extremely grateful to all these groups for their support and encouragement
We’re here to make cycling an enjoyable, healthy leisure activity for everyone!
…and here’s the not-so-fun bit, Policies:
To see our Data Protection Policy: Click here to download